Monday, July 4, 2011

Take a Deep Breath...

Life has been nothing but sheer chaos lately. Jason and I are in the process of getting ready to move in together. This means a massive amount of packing and sorting through things that I do and do not want to keep. I keep trying to have a yard sale, but there never seems to be a weekend that my entire family has a few free days. I feel overwhelmed already and we're not moving in together until September. This feels like the slowest process ever and it's not getting any easier. I also feel like I can't contribute any money to this whole process either. Between having to pay off a massive amount of medical bills and having ridiculous car insurance payments finding the extra money to pay the bills doesn't seem like it's going to be too easy. Hopefully within the next few weeks I start getting calls back from the places I've applied to/that I am planning on applying to. I feel like I need to make a list of things that is a need versus a want so that I can stick on a track to keep all of my finances in order. I'm not going to lie- I'm a lady and I cannot resist a sale... or craft stores... so I need to figure out the things that I am buying to just buy or the things that I really need. I'm going to try it for a month and see how everything goes!

I finally got accepted into UNLV which is an amazing thing! If any of you go to UNLV let me know! I'd love to say hi. I feel like I'm finally on my way to getting where I want to be. I cannot wait to be sitting in those class rooms and start working towards becoming a paleontologist. The only problem is that I have to wait until August 5th to meet with an academic adviser before I can even sign up for my classes. I'm hoping that if I call the department every single day and bother them, they'll either get me in there faster or tell me when someone cancels so I can get in there and get all this moving! I'm planing on taking 12-15 credits during this upcoming semester, so the faster I can get in there and sign up the better. The positive note here is that my foot is in the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment